Monday, May 5, 2008

Meeting Tom Cruise and Katie!









Last week my me and my mom flew up to Chicago for a few days to shop and see the Oprah show. One evening while we were in Neiman Marcus, we ran into T*m Cruise, Katie, Su*i, Tom's mom and two sisters. It was amazing to actually meet him face to face and have a conversation with his entire family. They were shopping in the children's department and I was "just looking", that place is pretty expensive for me! Anyway, we talked for about 15 or so minutes about everything. They are some of the nicest people you could ever meet- very down to earth. Tom's mom was so sweet and so was his sisters. We got on the subject of adoption. My mom was admiring Su*i and continued to tell them I had just adopted a little girl about her age from China. They we very interested in that and asked questions. Tom ask me if I knew he had two adopted children and of course I did. They must have congratulated us a hundred times and told us how wonderful that was. To make a very long story short, Tom said that he and Katie wanted to buy Audrey a dress and of course I declined, but they continued to pick her out not one dress, but three dresses. One of the dresses Katie said Su*i had and she loved it. I had to take a picture of the dresses when I got back to the hotel room. I have also planned to have her first professional photo taken in them next week. I can't wait!
* Of course I had to have the worse possible thing on when I met them. I think I wore that orange jacket everyday in China! That morning before I left for the airport, I grabbed the first thing hanging in the garage, thinking that I would leave it in the car when we got to the airport... didn't happen!;) It's going in the garbage now! I had also planned to freshen up, like shower, comb my hair, etc. before we started to shop.... didn't happen either, but Neiman Marcus was just across the street, who could we possibly see in CHICAGO??? Lesson learned, but a nice one at that!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK SANDY- So, now we all know your real reason for visiting Chicago...lol. That is WAY cool!! And, THEY bought Audrey THREE outfits too!! How cool is that!?! I'm jealous- ha!

Colleen said...

I just came across your blog and how very exciting for you and your Mom! Wow! I just watched Tom on Oprah the other day. What an exciting story to share with your daughter when she is older! Dresses from the Cruise family:)
I haven't had a chance to look over all your blog but your daughter is so sweet:)

Carol said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have peed my pants!!!!!!!

That is flipping incredible!!!

My Hayden is in love with the Mission Impossible movies! Wait til I tell him!!!!!

catbertie said...

I may have to reconsider my opinion of Mr. Cruise!! thanks for allowing us to share with your joy- I've followed along with you just before you left to bring Audrey home....
blessings,
Cathy
Mom to two from China

bbmomof2boys said...

Wow!! Tom Cruise - how wonderful is that? Plus they bought you some dresses for little Audrey! I can't wait to see the photo shoot!!

Hugs,
Carla

Team Houston said...

What a fun day!

That is so sweet that they purchased three dresses for your daughter! They seem so nice.

Thanks for sharing.

~Michele

Anonymous said...

That is SO cool!!!!!

Lynn said...

How cool is that! I always knew they were genuine and nice people, I never believed anything the media said about them.