Sunday, May 25, 2008

Graduation Day!













OK, a very proud momma here! Yesterday at 10:00 am, Cody graduated High School! What a bitter-sweet moment that was. I can't believe this day actually came. You talk about this "big event" for years and don't put much thought into the emotions that come with your sweet little one growing up and moving on. I have to admit, I was a basket case for a few days with the unknown of what my true reaction would be when he walked across that stage and drove away from that school for the last time. A friend of mine told me about this book, "Let me hold you longer", by Karen Kingsbury. If you haven't read it and you have boys especially,buy it and a box of tissue. Here is a little sneak peek;

"Long ago you came to me, a miracle of firsts: First smiles and teeth and baby steps, a sunbeam on the burst. But one day you will move away and leave to me your past, And I will be left thinking of a lifetime of your lasts...."

*By the way, Cody got a copy of this book on graduation day. When he was smaller, he had a handful of special books we read. Those will never leave his room. Yes, we are building again, but he will always have his room at home as long as I am his Mother and I think that is FOREVER! No downsizing for us. ;)

Cody, We are so proud of you and your accomplishments, I have already spoken to you college room-mate and he doesn't mind if I come too!! ;)

2 comments:

Carol said...

Oh that is going to be a hard day for me........

Congratulations!

Team Houston said...

Congrats on your son's graduation!!

These photos give me chills because it is such a special time for everyone involved.

Take care, Michele