Saturday, April 5, 2008

We're Home!!!!

I am excited to say we are HOME!!! I know I haven't posted since we got back, but we have all been so taken by Audrey, it's hard to find a moment and sneak away to the computer. She is a dream come true. We are so blessed by her and the joy she has brought to our lives. Her brothers adore her and she lights up when they come home from school each day. Anthony was beyond words the first time her saw her at the airport and she already has him wrapped around that little finger! I can't believe I became so emotional when we came through those gates, but it was so powerful the love that was waiting for us just a few steps away. We finally have our family complete. We are also so thankful for all the friends and family who came out that night to celebrate our home coming and everyone who brought food the next few days!

Audrey had her doctors appointment last Monday and the doctor said "we hit the jackpot" and boy did we ever!! She is as healthy as a horse. She sleeps through the night, she eats any and everything and she has the best personality. Audrey has bonded great. She is a happy baby and full of excitement. In all the months of waiting, I really never dreamed we would be so lucky to have such an incredible daughter. Adoption, just like child birth is truly a miracle from God!

I am on my laptop now and don't have access to photos, but I will add new ones very soon!



3 comments:

John & Michelle said...

I am so glad to finally see something from you. I was getting worried. Sounds like a little piece of Heaven has joined your lives! We are so happy for you!
Michelle
Illinois

Susan said...

Hi Sandy! So glad to see you back safe and sound!! We were very sorry we couldn't make it to the airport, but know we were thinking about you. My Mom ran into a lady and they started talking. The lady's daughter had just returned from China w/ her new granddaughter. Turns out ... it was your Mom! They had a nice Chat about how many squeaky shoes you brought ..lol!!! Bet I beat ya though ;)
Audrey is adorable. Welcome HOME!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Welcome to America Audrey!!! Sandy, I'm so happy you have your happy, healthy little girl home where she belongs! I can't wait to see more pics! :)

Hugs from St. Louis!