Friday, September 7, 2007

Our Adoption

We are very sadden to have to write this message. As many of you know, we have been waiting on our LOA and TA so we could travel to pick up Audrey. Two weeks ago we received information that Audrey had become very ill. She has not had very good function in her left arm and the deficits had became more and more apparent. China Care notified the Taiyuan SWI of this, and they asked them to take her for a CAT scan to see if anything would turn up. They did so in Taiyuan and submitted the results to the Taiyuan SWI and they forwarded it on to the CCAA and then our agency.

She had strongly favored her right hand, and does not use her left one at all now. She was also showing a lot of weakness in her left leg and foot. The hospital in Taiyuan has concluded that she has Cp and mental retardation.

We spent several days consulting with doctors and OT's. They concluded the same thing and that it was probably more sever than what they knew. After weighing all of our options, we realized that this was too great for us to continue with her adoption. This has been a very difficult time for Anthony and me, along with both boys.

We feel that God is in control of this situation and we don't question that. We have waited almost 5 months for our LOA and feel sure this was the reason we had not received it yet. I could not have delt with finding these things out after we were in China.

We appreciate all the prayers and beautiful cards from the people who knew what we were going through. She will always be in our hearts and prayers.

Sandy, Anthony , Cody and Ryan

6 comments:

Angie said...

Sandy - I am so sorry...I know you have fallen in love with her and this must break your heart! Know that I am praying for you all and I know that God will send His peace and His blessing. I pray that someday you will be able to understand the why's of it all!
Love - Angie

Carol said...

Oh Sandy I was so worried about you! So glad that you are coming out and talking.... Stay strong, there is a reason for everything.....

Your friends are all here for you.

Anonymous said...

I will keep you all in my prayers. My heart goes out to all of you. Such a difficult time, I am sure.

Bobby and Regina said...

Sandy,

I am so sorry to hear your news. I had been following and loving all the pictures you had been getting of her. God does have it under control, and has the absolute perfect child for you. As you said, it would have been much more difficult in China to have discovered this. We will pray for comfort, as I know you are hurting. We will also pray for Audrey, that her situation will improve, and that a family who is prepared to deal with her situation is found. Hold to your faith, and you will soon be holding the one He has for you.

Love,
Regina

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I am so sorry, Sandy. How awful. I will pray for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Sandy--I am using the same agency as you are-I am so sorry to hear
about this. My son's referral came in the group right after the referral of this little girl. I know that there is no right words for you and your family at this moment, but my husband and I would have made the same decision as your family.
I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers as you continue your journey. --Denise